Ray Sullivan has worked at the highest levels of government and political campaigns. He served as chief of staff for the Governor of Texas managing a staff of 260. Prior to that he worked as communications director for Rick Perry’s 2012 presidential campaign and conducted interviews with Sean Hannity, Andrea Mitchell, Megyn Kelly, John King and many others. In 2002, he founded Sullivan Public Affairs, an Austin, Texas-based government and public affairs firm, providing legislative and media relations consulting, strategy and implementation.
Sullivan served as a national spokesman on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign, as Deputy Communications Director for Texas Governor George W. Bush (1995-1998), and as a state press director for Bush-Quayle 1992. He has worked at Karl Rove+Company and on the Washington, D.C. staffs of U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), U.S. Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) and U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA).
Sullivan graduated from San Diego State University with a business marketing degree and took MBA courses at American University while working on Capitol Hill.
He and his wife Leslie Rawl Sullivan – a successful professional fundraiser – are parents of two children and reside in Austin.
- Chief of Staff for former Texas Governor Rick Perry
- Communications Director for Rick Perry’s 2012 presidential campaign
- National spokesman on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign
- Deputy Communications Director for Texas Governor George W. Bush (1995-1998)
- State Press Director for Bush-Quayle 1992
- Staffer for U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), U.S. Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) and U.S. Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA)